Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC synthesis Unconnected input

Status
Not open for further replies.

dftrtl

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In DC synthesis what will happen to floating inputs.
Does it tie off them to tielow ?

DC does not automatically tie inputs or outputs. you will have to either get that info from RTL or use command to tie unconnected pins.

dftrtl

DC automatically does not tie a floating input to high/low. But if the input is not at all used, there is a high chance that it will remove the input.

Regards

Agreed that it will not automatically tie a floating input; but to my knowledge it will not remove it as well.
Usually it leaves it in the verilog with SYNOPSYS_UNCONNECTED_ also I do not think it should play with the module definitions

Pls let me know if my understanding is correct.

From my knowledge the port input cannot be removed as well as not tied to any value. Lint toll or synthesis tool generally use to theow warnings on unconnected input/output port. If the input is just declared and not logically used, then this warning can be waived. else proper care should be given to tie the input/feed the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back