Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC Offset removal in Digital Reciver

Status
Not open for further replies.

moorthi

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dc offset dac

Is there is any way to remove DC offset in a digital reciever without using DAC and only thorugh FPGA and ADC???
Thanks in advance

dc removal dac

Do you mean a small offset or a large offset that hurts your ADC range?
Most digital receivers have an IF bandpass filter (to provide the required receiver selectivity), and that also removes DC offset.

I'm intereseted in the DC Offset removal of the timing recovery. Generally it is done as follows: The differerence in the input sample and the accucmulator of the one/zero symbols is given to the DAC and is given to the AGC and is compred with the incoming signal and the output of the AGC is given to the ADC.

By objective is to remove the DAC and AGC and correct the DC by using FPGA and ADC only. Is there is any method????

thanks in advance

I’ve read somewhere about removing DC from the input. I’ll see if I can find it. It’s on my work computer so I won’t be in to work until Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.