Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] dc motor speed controling

Status
Not open for further replies.

alipoor90

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys
i want to control dc motor speed with pwm(and full or half bridge with mosfet) and i want to select best method to have smother motor movement
1- is better to cut off motor current in Toff
2-or short circuit motor (with freewheel diode or ...)
3-or cut off motor current and use RC snubber to reduce motor energy level
thanks
ali

i think PWM is one of the best methode....you use somesome microocntrollers for pwm generation. or pwm ic's. and power switching devices.

sorry for my weak English
my problem isn't about pwm generating
i want to have smoother movement in motor and reduce motor vibration
i know if i change frequency i don't have vibration any more
but i want to know with which of these methods i have less vibration
thanks
ali

The best way will be to provide a clean DC to the motor input. The closest you can practically get, in my opinion, is to use the PWM to control a Buck Converter. The DC motor can be used as the capacitor of the buck circuit.

hi guys
i want to control dc motor speed with pwm(and full or half bridge with mosfet) and i want to select best method to have smother motor movement
1- is better to cut off motor current in Toff
2-or short circuit motor (with freewheel diode or ...)
3-or cut off motor current and use RC snubber to reduce motor energy level
thanks
ali
Hi Ali
It depends on how much is nominal power of your motor . if it isn't so high power , then you can easily use an snubber network .
By the way if you use a 2nd order filter before your motor , then you won't have any special problem and it's controlling will be so precise !
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.