Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC motor Speed Control proteus model

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg300

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
DC Notor Speed Control

Hi
I need a circuit to control the speed of a DC motor. Motor drive on 48 Volt and
100 Amp. Actually I want to use this circuit with an Electric Bike.

Thanks

Re: DC Notor Speed Control

100 A current consumption..........!!!!!!
are you sure it is 100 Amp not 100mA?
try to use PWM with the motor controller using a PWM circuit or microcontroller, I think PIC microcontroller family have a built in PWM module (check PIC 16F877A datasheet, i think it has a built in module but not sure).
Good luck

DC Notor Speed Control

Suitable high current MOSFET modules are available particularly from IXYS. But beware of the inductive overvoltages, a low-inductance design is required. That's no easy DIY project, I think.

Sorry, there is not 100 Amp. I need a circuit to control about 35-40 Amp current on 48 Volt.

Suitable high current MOSFET modules are available particularly from IXYS

In professional market products, I have seen designers places MOSFET in parallel to achieve high current ratings. Although a single package could have been used, I have seen few UPS designs also, in which multiple FETs were used , which all could be replaced by a single one, with high current rating. Similarly, in one DC drive. I had seen SCRs which were parallel to increase the current rating, they all could be brought back in one package, in that case. The reason, could be that, they might cost cheap, and can be parallel to achieve high current rating. Similarly, a single high current rating could cost very high.

One alternative, which may not be superior, is the "magnetic amplifier" principle which was firsts used in German submarines in the 1939-1945 war. All combatants had their submarines powered, while submerged, with batteries. There are a few "ancient" books on the subject that may be found on internet used book sites like bookfinder.com or bibliofind.com.

One of my fond memories of 40 years ago was associated with my working with a veteran of German submarine U41 who was a rare example of a German who survived the war in the submarine service.

May the souls of all combatants of all wars rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back