Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC Motor Speed and Direction Detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiwana6330

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I have a DC motor and I want to detect its direction digitally and feed it into my micro controller. Its possible to detect the PWM going to the motor using the circuit given here

Yi Yao - DC Motor Controller and Tachometer

but how can I detect the direction. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Are you using any Motor Driver circuitry ?

yes the motor is driven by TB62217AFG. Its an unusual motor controller and I cannot figure out where the direction and speed bits are coming to on this chip. Probably its driven by serial input. I have uploaded its datasheet here

**broken link removed**

I will be thankful if someone could give me an idea of how this chip is being driven (so I will be able to take speed and direction data from it) or some circuit to detect the direction of motor rotation.

thanks

You could attach a quadrature encoder to the motor, that would be able to tell you which direction and how fast it was going too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back