Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC motor control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrywan

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I may be in the wrong place as any other questions on this are way over my head. But, here goes"

I want to use a 90 volt permanent magnet DC motor and control it with either a pedal or a dial. This is for a potter's wheel. This wheel originally had a big reostat (5A) built into a pedal. I got it with neither the motor of the pedal. The maker of the wheel said that this analog system made more consistent power, easily to adjust speed and made it quieter than an electronic controller. The replacement reostat is now $800,,,so, any thoughts?
Thanks,
Barry
This is wheel in question:
This is a link to a solid state wheel system.

Gentlemen,
Thank you for your help. I got some valuable info from you all. I am absolutely sure I annoyed some/most of you.
May the power be with you.

What is the definition of an engineer?

Someone who solves a problem you didn't know you had in a way you don't understand.

Barrywan.

Status
Not open for further replies.