Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC motor control with pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

emeren

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic dc motor control

Please help how can i control a dc motor with pic?

pdf how dc motor works

Yuou can use HW or SW PWM to control motor speed.intefacing PIC with a MOSFET.

Instead, interfacing PIC with an H-bridge you can control speed and also motor directions and its braking. If you want to control posision you can use some feedback devices.

You have to give us more information and we can help you more.

an905 microchip

i want to control position and motor directions. i need the scheme of this. The motor works at 1,5V.

application note dc motor

I have seen applications of dc servo controller by PID on Microchip website. It think that you can apply them for your application

Don't know what your application is but if you Need to use a DC motor and know its speed and direction it can be done. See how a H bridge is working and you can build one yourself using MOSFET's its cheaper than those special IC's you have in the market. Use for your application: Si1912EDH for the low part of the bridge and Si1913EDH for the top part of the H bridge. I used it myself in an application and works perfect. Use two ADC inputs on your pic and connect them one at both ends of your motor in the H bridge. With this you can seasure EMF from the motor if your bridge is completely switched off. Check Microchip Application note for this. The bridge can be controlled by 4 I/O lines of your PIC and if you don't need the speed of the motor you can setup your H-Bridge to work with just 2 I/O lines as I did. Measuring EMF from the DC motor will give you rotation speed (see Application Note Microchip)
Direction can be controlled by H bridge.

Good Luck.

Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.