Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC level shifter with adder

Status
Not open for further replies.

rutvik1588

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI guys . I am looking for circuit which can shift my varying 0-10 DC signal(through linear potentiometer) to -5 to 5 voltage level. This shifted signal is to be added with another varying dc signal (0-10 V DC). I have only 10V DC source available. I have tried clamper circuit but could not do the result. So please help me out here m attaching the operational block.

You are asking for a -5v to +5v voltage shifter but the input of that stage is from a variable resistor connected to 10v and gnd so I don't understand where do you expert to get that -5v from?

Alex

Ok, your schematic explains it better, you want to get the difference between the two voltages.

You can feed the two signals in the inputs of the differential amplifier below to get the result, no need for extra stages.

DiffAmp.jpg

You should be able to figure how to use it to get the result you want...

Alex

P.S. the V1 and V2 names in my schematic do not represent your actual V1 and V2 voltages, they are just the two input voltages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back