Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC geared Motor...One with two geares and one with four geares

Status
Not open for further replies.

amol_shah

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
We are a firm who are into selling components online specifically to students. For robotics most of the students use 12v DC geared motors for which I have two different vendor options both of them have metal gear, but one has only two geares and the other one has four geares, the performance of both the motors are almost the same I would like to know which dc geared motor would be better the one with two geares or the one with four geares?

More gears suggests lower speed with higher torque.

Or else there's a chance the one with more gears has a less powerful motor inside, which can use a lower supply voltage and/or less current. So that smaller batteries can power it.

Specs of both the motors are the same i.e. 12v DC geared Motor 10/30/60 RPM but the number of gears are different for both vendors one of them always has 4 gears no matter what the rpm is and the other one has two gears

Status
Not open for further replies.