Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC - DC Supply Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubes `n Tunes

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need a DC-DC supply that would be for 12-14v input and has around 50vdc output and it needs to be high current. I know they are PWM regulated usually, but some are unregulated. I have found plenty of stuff on PWM supplies and have even tried modifying some for high current with no luck. Does anyone know anything about something like this? It seems to be a thing that isn't touched on much anywhere. I have searched for years for something like this and was about to give up till I thought about posting on some forums. If anyone here has any experience with something like this I'd love to hear from you. The application is a pure class a audio amp I'm building for my car...

Car audio power supply example : **broken link removed**
The rest of the site has quite some interesting stuff on amplifiers...

If you look only for +50V, you can use a simpler implementation like a BOOST converter. The advantage is that you don't need a transformer, but only a simpler solenoid.

I don't think this is a topic that is not touched much anywhere. Maybe the specific input-output combination you look for, but in general smps is everywhere.

Also to get more help, please be more specific on desired output current.

Stefaan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back