Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC-DC Converter problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Wu

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I have recently built a dc-dc converter to convert supply voltage from 6V to 32V, the circuit diagram is as below:

Capture.PNG

and the circuit on the breadboard is looks like this:

new image - 21tb8.jpg

My friend has built one with the same circuit diagram, I have double checked with him, both circuit connects exactly the same with same components, he circuit is working perfectly fine, but my circuit has a problem. my output voltage jump to the 42V, slowly drops to 32V, jump up again to 42V, slowly drops and it repeats this process over and over again. I have no idea what is wrong with it.

Here is how my friend circuit looks like:

new image - sc9rk.jpg

Any help will be appreciate!

Thank you!

It is not very clear, but make sure the feedback resistors are connected correctly. The connection of R2 to diode and output cap can't be seen clearly on your board.

Hi Joe_Wu,

If I understand the issues with your powersupply, then it is a 10-V ripple. I noticed that the filter caps = 1320uF (220uF + 100uF + 1000uF) but you reduced it to 470uF (less than 37%).

That reduced the time-constant and so the filter caps charges and discharges rapidly creating higher ripples.

Last edited:

Hi,

I can't find any true storage coils.

A breadboard is not suitable for testing high frequency switch mode power supplies. It may work or not.

One simply can't fulfill the PCB design rules given in the datasheet.

Klaus

It is the problem with the breadboard. problem solved! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back