Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC-DC converter problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhlbluesky

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
in some DSC power supply,such as MAX1566,there is two phase"high-side" and "low-side",for example,high-side driver and low-side driver,what's the mean of high-side driver and low-side driver,and what's the difference of high-side driver and low-side driver,and what "high-side" and "low-side" refer to?
pls help me.

Usually high-side means a driver for a transistor used to switch the load to the positive power rail, low-side means a driver for a transistor used to switch the load to the negative rail. To better understand look at the attached example.

Here also a link that may be usuful.
**broken link removed**

Also look at the Texas, Fairchild, ST web site there are a lot of info about this subject.

Hope it help.

Cheers
Powermos

usually the better understand for this is the driver of the high side is from the +vcc to the load or it boost the b+ to improve its power but decrease its current maybe or better you have to use a high current dc to dc output transistor and in the high side is the Load is connected directly to its v+, maybe they are thesame in power output factor but not in its efficiency. I hope you understand....

speak008

I understand, thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back