Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC/DC converter, from 24VDC to 3000DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

moda

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can you help with that? I need to develop power s,
DC/DC converter, from 24VDC to 3000DC. External clock of 250KHz. Iout=3mA, small size.
Regards

for such an application flyback converter is most suit topology...but the information that you give not enough.........

Build or buy?
If you want to buy one, then search Google for high voltage dc converters

I need to Build one, 3mA out.
Thanks

From the current and voltage seems to be a HIPOT tester correct?

Tornado

This 3mA must be at 3000V?
I would first, devide the driving frequency by 10..12 times to approximately 20kHz and use TV HV transformer. These transformers usually have ratio between 50 and 100 what should be enough to convert 24Vdc to 3000Vdc. You can go to local TV repair workshop and they should have some non-servicable TV main boards with HV transformer which you can use for your experiments...

Thank you all, but what I need its not for hobby proposes but for my project at work, So I need power supply small size as possible. If you have any experience with such a design it will be great to get more ideas.

If it is for your work why would you like to re-invent a wheel?
You can get small modules which convert 12/24/.. dc to 1000/2000/3000...dc and the only thing to do is to design a PCB and ... it is ready.
Use them as you use transistors, ....!!!

linear tech made an application note about building a laser power supply using one of their flyback devices. it's about 2kv/20mA if I recall but I'm sure you could change that to higher vout by using a different transformer. take a look at the lt page, maybe their schematic will work for you.

Hello

If you wanna build one your self, you have to do the following :

First decide which topology to use, usually buck, or boost are good here.
Then chose a frequency for switching whaere you don't have to use litz wire, so you can use ordinary enamelled wire.

Now, when choosing the core, becareful to take bigger than you need, but not too much, ok.

If you need further help, just click.

Regards

3mA output, so the 24V supply may output more than 375mA. I think you may search the similiar product's datasheet first.
I am interested what kind of application should use 3000V dc voltage.

It is for laser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back