Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC-DC converter for 500V

Status
Not open for further replies.

BABESH

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dc-dc 500v

Hello
I am new to power elec.
I have a requirement of converting 5V to 500V with 15mAmp load current.
Please suggest any circuit or ready made module for my application.

thanks
Babesh.

there r dc to dc convertors with steup options try google to find one which suits u r requirement and a varity of current options

hello mitra thanks for your reply,
i am not a designer in power electronics.
i am not aware of amy parameters related to dc-dc conveters, except my requirement f voltae levels.
Please suggest me some other idea, ckt so that i can assemble and test at my place.

Thanks
-Babesh.

One easy way to generate ≈500Vdc is to invert 5V to ≈220-240Vac and then using voltage doubler multiply the voltage from 240V-square to ≈500Vdc ..

Here is a simple voltage inverter:
https://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/inverter.asp
Replace 12V-0-12V transformer with 5V-0-5V one, rated for very small power, say, 5VA (should be enough) ..
If you can't find 5-0-5 tansformer, you can connect two small transformer in series (5V windings) and 240V windings in parallel (or just use one winding) ..

And here are examples of voltage multipliers, including doubler:
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

Hi IanP thankyou very much for your reply,
I missed out giving one input, Actually my circuit is Battery Operated one and doesnot have an AC. Input.
Please suggest any other option.

thanks
Babesh.

You don't need AC input ..
Inverter does the job and inverts 5Vdc to (depending on transformer winding) 240Vac ..

Regards,
IanP

hi I am interested with this kind of transformer. It that possible you describe more about the transformer point of view. How many turn of winding that suit for the application ?

Thanks
fayes

Hello

I got one DC-DC converter with 15V as input and can generate variable voltage ranging from (0-1250)V it is from HAMAMATSU C4900.
I will try to use the same.

Thanks
--Babesh.

Hi,

You can USE GPMT - from EMCO High Voltage,

Cost may be 50 USD.

Is it ok for you means you can use this,

I am using E series and its working properly.

regards
Sreekanth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back