Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC analyses in cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

nga_nguyen

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,

Sometime I have promlems with DC analyses in cadence:

- When I simulate and chose the terminal to draw the curent parameter some time there is eror that the object selected is not valid object but sometime its ok. Can you explain and sovle this problem?

thanks

Hi

Did you save current for this terminals? By me is like that, if I don't choose which currents want to save, than it keeps only those ones which are inputs of voltage generators.

Regards

What do you mean by saving curent for terminal? I chose run in the DC analyses mode and then plot the result but I find something is not in the right way.

Can u explaint more detail?

Hi

I persume that you use spectre as simulator.
Option 1. Before DC analyses you schould go to the Analog Enviroment->Output->Save All and than check filed "all". This sets saving options in Cadence to save all voltages and currents.
Option 2. Because for large schematics option 1. can consume lot of disk space (especialy if you use transient simulation). Than you can also in analog enviroment
on Outputs->To Be saved choose which variables you can save.
the first option is easier for use, so if you run only DC simulation then is probably better to use first one.

In default, Analog Artist (if you are using it) only save all of the voltage. If you want to plot current wave, you must intentionally save them.

And pay attention to the "capslock" button.

Hi,

I have the same problem, but its soveled out now. Thanks for your sharing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back