Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dc 24v to dc 12 v circuit diagram urgent please......

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasanth9255

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want a dc 24v to dc 12 v powersupply. for a 12v power amplifier from a 24 v battery supply in vehicle.

Regards to big voltage difference I suggest to use switching supply.

See this:

**broken link removed**

LM2574 can give 0.5A, if you need more you can use LM2576 (for current up to 3A).

If you don't sink too much current, it's possible to use LM7812 or similar.

Best regards,

Mr.Cube

Dear prasanth9255;

As Per my knowledge, Car power Amplifiers drain a lot of power.
you can use the attached circuit to build you step down power regulator. Please note that the transistor 2N3055 requires a heat sink.

the circuit is based on the regular 7812 regulator that feed the 2N3055 Power transistor to supply high current for your load.

Regards.

I bought a power supply from ERE. They use LM2575, they has schematic for free download, refer to www.ere.co.th

If you need to increase the LM78XX regulator's current connect an external transistor as per attached drawing .. **broken link removed**

Circuit presented in the previous post suffers from poor voltage regulation - the more current you draw the lower the voltage, and on top of that its output without load will be somewhere around 11.3V ..

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back