Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

db version different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elliot_cai

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

I use write_lib command in Synthesis 2010 covert lib file to db file then input in Astro 2007, it's error input.
Then I use Synthesis 2007 covert the same lib file to db file, the Astro 2007 can recognize this file.
And the db files size are different, the 2007 version is bigger than 2010 version.
I wonder that if there are differet version type db files? How can I generate the old version db file in Synthesis 2010 which can be compatible with Astro 2007?
Thanks a lot!

Are you using library compiler for lib -> db conversion ? I guess no and you mean DC when you have describe as Synthesis .
db is normally binary file and normally changes with the tool version.

Most of the time it is supposed to be better in terms of speed / run time for with newer version.

Hope this helps :cool:

-- Sameer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back