Status
Not open for further replies.

diamadiss

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I have an ATX power supply and it has a chip with the marking "2003 - BA234980509H". It not work at all.. even the fan not start. I replace al the electrolytic cap and I check all the resistors but nothing and also I replace all the transistors. I suspect that this chip is the problem because I think this produces the PWM pulses. I can't find any datasheet for this or some information or a replacement. Please does anyone knows something or have a solution to suggest me?

Devices starting with 'BA' are usually manufactured by Rohm.
0509 could be a date code - week 05 of 2009.
Can you post a photograph of the IC so we can see the part number, style of print and maybe a logo.

Brian.

I can't see any logo on chip. I hope this photo will help.

Attachments

• 235236526.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 429
it might be less expensive to buy a power supply
it will certainly be less time consuming, especially if you include the time and effort already put in.

There is a multitude of different, incompatible but similar functioning ICs for that purpose so I wouldn't risk experimenting with other types to see which might work. The bold print on the IC is not normal so I would guess the PSU manufacturer is using 'house codes', their own part number even though it might really be a more generic IC inside. The cost of printing your own number on an IC when buying in bulk is negligible!

I would consider a new PSU unless you are prepared to do some extensive reverse-engineering to discover the schematic and working parameters of the existing part - even then you may not find a replacement unless you buy them in bulk.

Brian.

Many thanks to all of you!!! I will try to make a reverse engineering and if I will find a solution I will inform you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…