Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data Transmit and receive through FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shani

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Assalamo Allykum !

I was to turn ON and Turn OFF the LED by using the wireless communication.

I want to send the data through FM.

What is the best possibe way for this and Other options.

My teacher said that u should use the DTMF to transmit the tones then receive these tones on the other side and then use the DTMF decoder to decode the code.

Then use this code in microcontroller and then take the decision.

Is it possible ?

Waiting for reply.

Allah Hafiz

If you are using a set of analog transmitter and receiver you will have to use a signalling method that uses audio tones.

The easiest way is to have two tones one at a time. One for ON and one for OFF. This will require you to make a software or hardware decoder. You can also use ready made DTMF ICs.

Some microcontroller can transmit or encode dtmf then feed it through the audio input of your transmitter. On the reciever end decode the dtmf signal by using decoder ic (ex. mc145436) then its up to the microcontroller(reciever) what is the output.

Yes, I think you could use DTMF in the FM communication.

TI's MSP430 has an AppNote on the generation and detection of the DTMF with MSP430:
**broken link removed**

You can also ask for free sample from TI's website...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back