Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data transfer between GPRS modem and Remote server

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnot understand what you want to do can you explain your mission?

Hi Dear,
Thanks for your reply.

I have x990 GPRS activated finger print device. I want to access this device through web server using vb.net. Please help me out.
Service provider is vodafone.
APN: portalnmms
Username:guest
Password:guest
Device is GPRS activated and I have received the GPRS Info as follows:
IP 10.16.172.232

Please let me know how I can read data from GPRS activated finger print device through webserver using VB.NET
Thanks in Advance

---------- Post added at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:18 ----------

I have x990 GPRS activated finger print device.
I want to access data stored in device [for e.g. in/out time of employees] using VB.NET.

What do you exactly mean by access this device through web server? Is the webserver built-in to the device? If so, does your your mobile internet service allow inbound HTML connections?

In any case, a link to a product datasheet, manufacture website, whatsoever, would be helpful.

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone, for sharing the valuable information, in this thread. You are all been very helpful, indeed.

My question, rather problem, is that I am using Wavecom Multiband 900E 1800 modem, for the same purpose. But in this thread, though very helpful, but it is primarily for SIMCOM modem. As we all know, the AT commands of these two modems differ much. Can I get same information, for data transferring between Wavecom Modem and Remote Server or is there any information available for the equivalent commands for SIMCOM & Wavecom. I am sure this would be beneficial for lot of people, who are using Wavecom modems.

Thanks to all, again, for this extremely useful thread. Best regards.

Re: gprs data transfer

Dear All
I go to send data over Gprs via Wavecom Fastrack M1306B modem.
I send at command by Hyper terminal but it show error.you think whats problem?
Code:
AT+CREG?
+CREG: 0,1
OK
AT+CGATT=1
OK
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","MCINET",,0,0    (///// [url]www.mci.ir[/url])
OK
AT+CDNSCFG="62.193.15.159","206.223.171.254"
ERROR
AT+CDNSORIP=1
ERROR
AT+CSTT="MCINET"
ERROR
AT+CIICR
ERROR
at+cifsr
ERROR
AT+CIPSTATUS
ERROR

AT+CIPHEAD=1
ERROR
AT+CIPSTART="TCP","www.yahoo.com","80"
ERROR
AT+CIPSEND
ERROR

Last edited by a moderator:

Any indications that the Wavecom modem supports the TCPIP specific commands you are trying here?. As far as I see are these SIMCOM specific commands. Wavecom's Open AT command set doesn't provide TCPIP commands, I think.

hi there...
im having a problem, im using arduino uno + sim900 gprs shield from seeedstudio
im trying to send data from arduino to my web server, which using php script to read the data that arduino sent
but the data still cannot be written to my database (im using mysql as database)

this is the command that i used for arduino using terminal v1.9b

Code:
>> AT+CGATT=1	- Attach to GPRS Service
<< OK

>> AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","telkomsel"	- 
<< OK

>>AT+CSTT="telkomsel","wap","wap123"
<< OK

>> AT+CIICR    
<< OK

>> AT+CIFSR	
<< 182.8.224.31	
<< OK

>> AT+CDNSCFG="167.205.44.3","167.205.30.5"
<< OK

>> AT+CIPSTATUS		
<< OK
<< STATE: IP STATUS

>> AT+CIPHEAD=1		- Tells module to add an 'IP Header' to receive data
<< OK

>> AT+CIPSTART="TCP","167.205.55.7","80"
<< OK
<< CONNECT OK		
>> AT+CIPSEND		
<< >			         
>> GET /sensor/indexx2.php?websensorco=7.8 HTTP/1.1
and also i,ve used ctrl+z to send the data and it replied with "send ok"

and this is the script that i use to recieve the data from arduino, and store the data to mysql

Code:
<?php
$outputCO=$_GET["websensorco"];

$con = mysql_connect("localhost","admin","admin");
 mysql_select_db("ichi", $con);
  $query = "INSERT INTO tabel5( tabelCO, tabelNO, tabelSO, Temp, date) VALUES ('$outputCO',  '$outputNO',  '$outputSO', '$outputTEMP', '$today')";
$result = mysql_query($query) or die("Anfrage fehlgeschlagen: " . mysql_error());
 mysql_close($con);
 ?>

please help me to solve this problem sir..
i really appreciate it..
thx

Re: gprs server

Here's the commands you need to send. In the example below '>>' indicates data you send to the module, while'<<' indicates data returned from the module. This example is for connecting through the AT&T/Cingular network. You'll need to get the APN, user name and password for the network you are using.

First you need to open a PDP context.
Code:
<< OK

>> AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","wap.cingular"	- Define PDP Context (cid, PDP type, APN)
<< OK

>> AT+CDNSCFG="208.67.222.222","208.67.220.220" - Configure Domain Name Server (primary DNS, secondary DNS)
<< OK

>> AT+CSTT="wap.cingular","wap@cingulargprs.com","cingular1" - Start Task & set APN, User ID, and password
<< OK

>> AT+CIICR     - Bring up wireless connection with GPRS - THIS MAY TAKE A WHILE
<< OK

>> AT+CIFSR		- Get Local IP address
<< 10.190.245.172	- returns IP address assigned to your module
<< OK

>> AT+CIPSTATUS		- Get Connection Status
<< OK
<< STATE: IP STATUS	- returns status of connection, needs to be 'IP STATUS' before you can connect to a server

After you have context, you need to make a connection to the server and then send your data.
Code:
<< OK

>> AT+CDNSORIP=1	- Indicates whether connection request will be IP address (0), or domain name (1)
<< OK

>> AT+CIPSTART="TCP","www.google.com","80" - Start up TCP connection (mode, IP address/name, port)
<< OK
<< CONNECT OK		- Indicates you've connected to the server - IT MAKE TAKE A WHILE FOR THIS TO BE RETURNED

>> AT+CIPSEND		- Issue Send Command
<< >			          - wait for module to return'>' to indicate it's ready to receive data
>> GET / HTTP/1.1	- Send data - this example is an HTTP request for the default page 
>> Host: [url]www.google.com[/url]
>> Connection: Keep-Alive
>> Accept: */*
>> Accept-Language: en-us
>> 
<< data from server returned - Server will return data here
i am doing project vehicle tracking using gps and gprs . i have used same commands using hyperterminal . however TCP connection to google is successful using IP address instead domain name . then after > FET/HTTP/1.1 Then modem becomes hang and no respone is obtained untill modem is restarted. please help me. what can i do?

Thanks for your help.I can do it with PIC micro controller.Now,We need to receive data that send via my website by PIC micro controller.I need send 3 parameters to my website and then website send 1 parameter when receive 3 parameters.Then get this parameter and analyze it.

Here's the commands you need to send. In the example below '>>' indicates data you send to the module, while'<<' indicates data returned from the module. This example is for connecting through the AT&T/Cingular network. You'll need to get the APN, user name and password for the network you are using.

First you need to open a PDP context.
Code:
<< OK

>> AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","wap.cingular"	- Define PDP Context (cid, PDP type, APN)
<< OK

>> AT+CDNSCFG="208.67.222.222","208.67.220.220" - Configure Domain Name Server (primary DNS, secondary DNS)
<< OK

>> AT+CSTT="wap.cingular","wap@cingulargprs.com","cingular1" - Start Task & set APN, User ID, and password
<< OK

>> AT+CIICR     - Bring up wireless connection with GPRS - THIS MAY TAKE A WHILE
<< OK

>> AT+CIFSR		- Get Local IP address
<< 10.190.245.172	- returns IP address assigned to your module
<< OK

>> AT+CIPSTATUS		- Get Connection Status
<< OK
<< STATE: IP STATUS	- returns status of connection, needs to be 'IP STATUS' before you can connect to a server

After you have context, you need to make a connection to the server and then send your data.
Code:
<< OK

>> AT+CDNSORIP=1	- Indicates whether connection request will be IP address (0), or domain name (1)
<< OK

>> AT+CIPSTART="TCP","www.google.com","80" - Start up TCP connection (mode, IP address/name, port)
<< OK
<< CONNECT OK		- Indicates you've connected to the server - IT MAKE TAKE A WHILE FOR THIS TO BE RETURNED

>> AT+CIPSEND		- Issue Send Command
<< >			          - wait for module to return'>' to indicate it's ready to receive data
>> GET / HTTP/1.1	- Send data - this example is an HTTP request for the default page 
>> Host: [url]www.google.com[/url]
>> Connection: Keep-Alive
>> Accept: */*
>> Accept-Language: en-us
>> 
<< data from server returned - Server will return data here

After entering above code i'm getting following error pls help i'm woking in minicom in ubuntu

Code:
HTTP/1.1 302 Found                                                              
Location: [url]https://www.google.co.in/[/url]                                              
Cache-Control: private                                                          
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8                                          
Set-Cookie: expires=; expires=Mon, 01-Jan-1990 00:00:00 GMT; path=/; domain=wwwm
Set-Cookie: path=; expires=Mon, 01-Jan-1990 00:00:00 GMT; path=/; domain=www.gom
Set-Cookie: domain=; expires=Mon, 01-Jan-1990 00:00:00 GMT; path=/; domain=www.m
Set-Cookie: expires=; expires=Mon, 01-Jan-1990 00:00:00 GMT; path=/; domain=.wwm
Set-Cookie: path=; expires=Mon, 01-Jan-1990 00:00:00 GMT; path=/; domain=.[url]www.gm[/url]
Set-Cookie: domain=; expires=Mon, 01-Jan-1990 00:00:00 GMT; path=/; domain=.wwwm
Set-Cookie: expires=; expires=Mon, 01-Jan-1990 00:00:00 GMT; path=/; domain=goom
Set-Cookie: path=; expires=Mon, 01-Jan-1990 00:00:00 GMT; path=/; domain=googlem
Set-Cookie: domain=; expires=Mon, 01-Jan-1990 00:00:00 GMT; path=/; domain=googm
Set-Cookie: expires=; expires=Mon, 01-Jan-1990 00:00:00 GMT; path=/; domain=.gom
Set-Cookie: path=; expires=Mon, 01-Jan-1990 00:00:00 GMT; path=/; domain=.googlm
Set-Cookie: domain=; expires=Mon, 01-Jan-1990 00:00:00 GMT; path=/; domain=.goom
Set-Cookie: PREF=ID=a6aefc62c773b35f:FF=0:TM=1339691202:LM=1339691202:S=sL0yNVAm
Set-Cookie: NID=60=hMlSicQa9v8HrY0fV9ha1233WUvrv-Mh5p3iej6oNkSiLlWbAXb8LSXi4UW6y
P3P: CP="This is not a P3P policy! See http://www.google.com/support/accounts/b"
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 16:26:42 GMT                                             
Server: gws                                                                     
Content-Length: 221                                                             
X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block                                                 
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN                                                     

<HTML><HEAD><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8">  
                                                                              <>
                                                                               >
                                                                               d
                                                                               .
</BODY></HTML>

As soon as i send AT+CIICR command it gives a message +PDP: DEACT. what should i do?? it shows something like this..

AT+CIICR
+PDP: DEACT

ERROR

hi abhiinav

i am sorry. your modem cant connect to BTS and data transmit with center to enable GPRS .
i suggest you to see your modems ability and connectors in circuit of modem board and then properties of sim card for GPRS.

Does anybody know how to send a SOAP string via SIM900 to communicate with a ASP.net Website. Or does anybody have experience with POST HTTP Commands via SIM900?

Sorry, but I don't know what you want to say about this. It depends on the type of request you are marking.

hi, i have the same problem
could you help me please:

-------------------------------------
i need to send some data to internet by sim300, i can connect by sim300 and send ok will be return to me but on the server there is no information received.
i should open this page:
**broken link removed**
when i enter this addres in addres bar of IE it will register data but when i use
Code:
at+cipstart="TCP","http://www.gsmtelemetry.ir/.....","80"
ok
connect ok
at+cipsend
>
get/post [I]**broken link removed**[/I] http/1.1
send ok
but there is no information sent.
please help me
this is my full try:

Code:
at+cipstart="TCP","http://www.gsmtelemetry.ir","80"

OK

CONNECT OK
at+cipsend

> get [I]**broken link removed**[/I]

Connection:Keep-Alive

SEND OK
+IPD195:HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: text/html
Pragma: no-cache
Refresh: 1; URL=http://www.gsmtelemetry.ir/dataSR.aspx?devicenumber=123456789abcdef&Ana1=10&A na2=20
Connection: Close

<HTML></HTML>
CLOSED

Hello
I want send a picture with the AT commande and GPRS modem from the PC to the téléphone ,how i can do that

How to make a PC side remote server with ip address to connect with simcom300

GSM man Thanks in advance.

amolypalshetkar

I think that:

- with hyper-terminal software you can connect to simcom300 and then with this connection can connect to another GSM modem.

- for remote server you must have static IP address to connect with other modem.

I've been following this tread with great interest, but unfortunately I was not able to give an answer to a question. Since in the system to upload to a server is to use the ftp protocol that here mè you can not use the fact that there is no manager to let through traffic on port 21. Using the HTTP protocol, and get command, we are inside the server ok but then how do I get my web space with my username and password that must serve to be able to edit the file? I do not think I have seen in a long trend way to do this. Or am I wrong?
Hello to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back