Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data Reading via serial port using VC++6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy_Engineer

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends,
In a project I need to read and write data from or to the serial port. I am using Visual studio 6 for that. But I do not proper syntax rather proper procedure.Please help me with your valuable suggestions.

Thank you.

mostly people do interfacing serial port using visual basic 6..n i suggest it to..because u can see many example on the web by using vb..n i can help if you want to use vb 6.. :)

OK Mr Akim,
Please proceed....I'll be waiting for your reply.....

ok..first you need to be familiar with visual basic..learn how to do input (such as mouse click) and output (change text).. if your already done that it ok..i will just skip, and tell u how to implement MSCOMM..

Hi,
I know these basic things in vb....you please skip these....and you can go straight to my point....
Thank you....

Here is a ComPort class.

Attachments

• rs232.cpp.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 148
  • rs232.h.txt
    557 bytes · Views: 135

if you download the free Visual basic 2010 Express or Visual C++ 2010 Express both have in the toolbox under Components a SerialPort component which can be used to talk to COM ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back