Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data Logging on Pen Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

garg29

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
This may be a difficult project to think about for me, at present, but still hope so. I want to read a physical parameter continously & save the values in Pen drive, everytime after a particular time delay. I'm somewhat familiar with PIC18F4550 USB Coding but it's still not having USB 'HOST'. So which controller do you guys suggest to start with for this kind of project.

Thanks a lot,

With best regards,
Garg

Can you use USB Device Controller?

The question is repeating every few months, I think. Yes, you need a host controller to connect a mass-storage device, e.g. an USB pen.
A PIC24FJ256GB works perfectly with the ready-to-use Microchip C30 example projects. Also other embedded host solutions, e.g. a
FTDI Vinculum or Atmel at90usb128 can be used.

garg29

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks a lot. I'll start working on this now.

this is not very difficult... if you use i2c , module ,and then read write data on the pen drive then ,your problem is being solved.

dipender said:
this is not very difficult... if you use i2c , module ,and then read write data on the pen drive then ,your problem is being solved.

Except the Pen Drive is USB not I2C

FvM is very correct and pointed very practical and smarrt idea.

To use a example. from microchip.

I beaeve all you need to do is to change modulation part of recordable signal source.
I wish you all the best...

If it is not too busy PM progress.

Added after 16 minutes:

blueroomelectronics said:
dipender said:

Except the Pen Drive is USB not I2C

I quess he ment i2c to USB module. ... somekind expensive IC that makes things so much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.