Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data Communication in SoC and between SoC and external Elements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azoolan

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

First of all, Excuse me if I’m not well at English. I have to hold a lecture about “System on Chip” at the university. I need information about

1-Methodes of data exchange and Communication between CPU and coprocessor like GPU or Fpga or something else and the related Interfaces

2- Methods of data exchange and Communication between SOC and external blocks and the related Interfaces

Thanks

Hi,

There is no question, just a global "I need", so we don't know what to do.

I hope you don't expect that we do the whole job for you. But if you do you should post in the
job opportunities section and consider to pay for it.

We are here to asnwer detailed questions, that can't easily be found in the internet.
And we are here to rectify mistakes. But for this you need to show what you have done.

Klaus

Hi,

There is no question, just a global "I need", so we don't know what to do.

I hope you don't expect that we do the whole job for you. But if you do you should post in the
job opportunities section and consider to pay for it.

We are here to asnwer detailed questions, that can't easily be found in the internet.
And we are here to rectify mistakes. But for this you need to show what you have done.

Klaus
No...No Panik.... i don't need a Paragraph to write... i just need the keywords for both Questions...... forexample for 1-AXI and for 2-EBI(External Bus Interface)
The if i have keys, then i will find all what i need in Books..... Just need the Names... do not be afraid

But you left the question so open, that you could say anything.
For example, for 1. you could say I2C, morse code, semaphore, carrier pigeon.
2. see 1.

Without detail, the question is meaningless.

I have to hold a lecture about “System on Chip” at the university
I seriously wonder about the quality of instruction at that university, given that you appear to lack the knowledge of the subject you are about to give a lecture on to students.

Maybe what you want are references for the students to look at after the lecture? How about wiki pages?

But you left the question so open, that you could say anything.
For example, for 1. you could say I2C, morse code, semaphore, carrier pigeon.
2. see 1.

Without detail, the question is meaningless.
Is it really hard to understand that how an ARM Core with an FPGA or GPU in SoC communicates??? I just asked and saw in some other Forums, for them was it not so complicated......

I seriously wonder about the quality of instruction at that university, given that you appear to lack the knowledge of the subject you are about to give a lecture on to students.

Maybe what you want are references for the students to look at after the lecture? How about wiki pages?
If U can help, then help. If not be quiet, let others to write. You are not here to judge the Universities. Is it really hard to understand that how an ARM Core with an FPGA or GPU in SoC communicates??? I just asked and saw in some other Forums, for them was it not so complicated......

If U can help, then help. If not be quiet, let others to write. You are not here to judge the Universities. Is it really hard to understand that how an ARM Core with an FPGA or GPU in SoC communicates??? I just asked and saw in some other Forums, for them was it not so complicated......
Actually I am in that position as I regularly have to interview fresh graduates and if I noticed that a particular university has sub-par graduates I will definitely ask more pointed questions to ascertain if that graduate is just proficient at getting good grades or if they know the subjects they claim on their resume.

I also don't see how it's hard to understand how an embedded processor core communicates as they state that in the vendor's FPGA documentation. Xilinx uses AXI4, Altera used to use Avalon (haven't used their parts for ~12 years, so it might be different now), Microchip uses AHB, APB, and is migrating to AXI, and Lattice (not sure haven't used their SoC parts).

In this forum, we have Forum Rules and there we got Guidelines and first point there is "use search first".
What you are asking of is nowadays perhaps a general and common knowledge, which is relatively easy to find in the Internet or books (wiki pages, search engines).

IMHO the hardest part of your activity in holding a lecture about “System on Chip” at the university would be to brake the lecture into a logical chapters from a general to a sophisticated approaches (using search engine, I easily found for example "ee382V soc" set of lectures - see especially lecture 12).

Maybe give us an overview in form of actual agenda of your lecture or tell us about topics that you have already covered or your plan for this lecture and chosen vectors/trends in further chapters?
Then we could give you perhaps our subjective opinions about the overview of your lecture.

That is what you expect from this forum, am I right?

Last edited:

In your original post, you made no mention of what cpu you were targeting, what manufacturer, what technologies. Hence the flippant answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back