Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data Cable for Siemens GSM DCA-500

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraganM

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dca500 cable

I need to connect C72 to SiMoCo and need scheme of DCA-500.

dca-500

Here... This should work. But instead of pins 1,6,5 on the phone side should be 2,3,4.
And additionaly:
put one 15kΩ resistor between pins of the phone 2 and 5
put one 15kΩ resistor between pins of the phone 2 and 7

I've tested this solution on c72 and ti worked with siemens mobile phone manager.

simoco c72

Hi
Thanks for answer! I made in mean while mine search, Russian forums, made a cable, tested and it is OK with Siemens C72 and both software, GSM control and simoco. I send scheme if somebody want to play.
Mine next step is to monitor communication PC-GSM to "see" what must be done for a PIC to control GSM to be able to establish voice channel, and then simple dtmf communication, and then ...

siemens dca-500

You mean, you wanna make conversations over PC? I have been able to make my phone dial a number using its data modem but that's all.
Have you looked at the full AT command set for Siemens phones? It is the basis of it all.
I have found this list a long time ago on some Russian site. This one is particulary for s45 but the majority of codes should work with all other Siemenses.

dca 500

I used rs232 port monitor and I saw all communication PC- GSM for setup and then dialing. I found some unknown AT commands ?! So I will to the end of this week analyze it and try to make same connection but pic - gsm. If you are interested I will put here mine result.

dca500

Sure. But I'm not that familiar with microcontrollers (you're using PICs right?).

data cable dca-500

Yes for PICs. Goal of the project is a simple and chip communication trough gsm voice channel (FSK- V23 or dtmf) and/or just control of voice communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.