Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data acquisition system interfacing to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Podolac Alexandru

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello , I recently designed a simple data acquisition system to use directly in climate chambers an remote environments . The design is pretty basic and I am stuck at the part where I have to interface the device with the computer. The DAQ transmits the measured signals in LVDS to the outside environment. My options of interconnecting it to the PC are LVDS to PC or I can deserialize the LVDS signal and connect 30 parallel lines and 1 clock to the PC. Either way I am clueless as to how to do it.The clock frequency is 8Mhz minimum with the possibility to increase it to 40 Mhz. The ports most frequently used in my line of work are GPIB and USB, sometime serial. Labview and Mathlab is used often. Any idea is welcomed , thank you :grin:.

Block diagram project.png.

Hello

Please provide a little more info on what you're using. Also, to which clock frequency are you referring? The one in the picture for the DACs or is it the actual transmission bit rate?

The ADC's are THS1040, the clock to which I am referring is the sampling clock for the ADC's , it is also the Latch-up clock for the LVDS serializer, MAX9259.I have attached the schematic to the serializing side of the project. The deserializer is the MAX9260 evaluation board.

Attachments

• Diploma.pdf
    32.4 KB · Views: 108

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back