Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dancing Machine Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradigm

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All Expert,

I am working on a project that need a stepping platform that is something like the gaming dancing machine shown below. The platform steps must not be movable(as in cannot have springing up and down action).

Anyone know what sensors was used in the attached dancing machine stepping board to detect that the user had step on the grid?

My stepping board grid need to be clear glass as I need to put an LCD monitor on individual grid below. Therefore, my sensor can only interface and the corner or side of each grid.

Any one had interface or used this type of stepping board?

Anyone can share what type of sensor is best for this type of application and my limitation? Thanks a lot

2_1334657100.jpg

Hi Manoj, I never hear of LVDT circuit before, can you elaborate so I wont get the wrong information

---------- Post added at 08:20 ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 ----------

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for your information. Is LVDT = LINEAR VARIABLE DIFFERENTIAL TRANSFORMER? However, you need certain displacement on the stepping board for the LVDT to work. I cannot move the stepping board up and down. It must be in a fixed location. How sensitive is this LVDT as to detecting tapping or stepping on a glass panel without much movement? Can you Kindly advise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back