Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Damaged grounding pin of FPGA ACTEL A3P1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

princez

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am using A3P1000 FPGA. Somehow its pin number 1 got damaged. As I can see from the data sheet that this pin is a grounding pin of bank number 3. On the same bank, pin 17,25,1,29 and 41 are also ground. Can I leave that broken pin unconnected and sold the FPGA on my card? will it degrade the functionality ?

I am using PQ208 package.

Regards

Hi,

I am using A3P1000 FPGA. Somehow its pin number 1 got damaged. As I can see from the data sheet that this pin is a grounding pin of bank number 3. On the same bank, pin 17,25,1,29 and 41 are also ground. Can I leave that broken pin unconnected and sold the FPGA on my card? will it degrade the functionality ?

I am using PQ208 package.

Regards

I would avoid using outputs on that bank, but if you must use outputs then do not place any outputs near the damaged pin-1 ground.

Note: I'm assuming that the PQ208 package does not contain a substrate that mixes up the pins on the die like a BGA would.

Status
Not open for further replies.