Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronic Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Register Log in

D5 violation (DFT) MENTOR GRAPHICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dft_guy

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Simply - make sure your whole circuit is scanned - a D5 means you have non-scan flops. If DC has turned out a circuit that has non-scanned flops, then it means it either could not control all the clocks and resets to the flops, or somebody put a 'dont_touch' on part of the circuit.

gold_2007

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dft_guy said:
Simply - make sure your whole circuit is scanned - a D5 means you have non-scan flops. If DC has turned out a circuit that has non-scanned flops, then it means it either could not control all the clocks and resets to the flops, or somebody put a 'dont_touch' on part of the circuit.

How can i make nonscan flop scannable

dft_guy

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Well, I don't know what part of the flow you have access to, but in my environment, I send it back to the designer, and work with him/her to resolve the reasons for the non-scan circuitry. Like I said, the main reasons for the synthesis tool not including certain flops in the scan implementation are:

1) The clocks/resets to those flops are not controlled. The control circuitry needs to be changed to fix it.

2) For some reason, the flops were 'dont_touched' during scan insertion. Sometimes this is intentional in order to achieve timing closure, or to save area/power.

First find the reason, then figure out how to resolve it, if it is resolvable.

John
DFT Digest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor