Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

D/A IC Voltage Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerox100

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I should design a Inverter controller that need a 0~10v input. But we have a controller that have a 5v power supply. Is there any D/A IC that work with 5v and provide 0~10v or higher ouput?

No. You will need to provide a 10V supply (which can be from a simple doubler IC) and either a 10V DAC or a 5V DAC followed by an amplifier.

Keith.

Dear,
Could you please give me an example of doubler IC?

All these are capacitive charge pumps - either doublers or inverters. Some can be either. **broken link removed**

There are other makes, eg National, Harris/Intersil

Keith.

Hi

Just applay the 5V D/A output via a 2X amplifier (opammp) with proper power source (12V VCC min)
bear in mind that the converter output is dabbled

All the best

Bobi

Can i use +15v from an max232 converter

I think they only produce 10V maximum, not 15V, but yes it is possible. The only snag with any of those sorts of converter is the potential noise ont he supply. They are also usually unregulated so as the load increases the voltage drops. A regulated output DC-DC converter would be best but then they cost more and take up more board space. You can design your own DC-DC converter (inductive switching) with regulation. National Semiconductor's WebBench is one place to start.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back