Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] cypress ez usb fx2 microcontroller ,, interfacing with usb ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rnb20_2000

cy7c68013 managed code

sorry for the repeat of this question in the microcontroller design section and this section however i do need help with this problem::::::::

hey everyone, i would appreciate any help with this little problem, basically i'm building a dso using a cypress ez usb fx2 board (connunicating through the usb port naturally) model num (cy7c68013. my problem is that i do not know how to interface the board with the computer as in , how do i create a handle to the device driver associated with my board, if anyone has any ideas, source code or links to any relevant site, i would be more than greatful.
thanking you in advance,
regards

ps i heard that it has something to do with mfc programming ??

ez-usb dll

Dear rnb20_2000,

The Window$ operating system, can talk with a USB hardware at highest speed only when a WDM driver (.sys) is instaled for your device.
After WDM driver instalation you must write a PC program wich comunicate with your device via some API functions such as:

*phDeviceHandle = CreateFile( completeDeviceName, GENERIC_WRITE,...

DeviceIoControl (hDevice,...

You can use Win32 API (for C programming) or MFC (for C++ programing), but i higly recomend you to use C# for new projects (call API functions from dll's using managed code)

To learn USB programming on PC side i recomand you the book "USB design by example" by John Hyde, the best reference ever written on this subject.

Programming USB is not a simple task, but dont be descouraged, with the examples from Hyde's bible all is verry simple!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back