Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cypress chip programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rancohen_2000

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
using cypress cy7c68013a schematic

Hi,

I'm new in micropocessors.

I want to start working with Cypress USB devices. I saw that in order to program the chip I need Keil software.

But how can i phisicaly burn the chip. does it connect to the parallel port or to the serial port? whitch cable should I use?

do i need buffer betwwen the Chip and the computer?

Thnkx

cy7c68013 schematic

you can find in sypress websit

chip programing

i looked for but i didn't find any information?

does any one know how to burn from Keil to CY7C68013A?

Thanks

cypress cyconsole

rancohen_2000 said:
i looked for but i didn't find any information?

does any one know how to burn from Keil to CY7C68013A?

Thanks

CY7C68013A does not have internal flash memory so you cant burn your program permenantly into it except if it is burnt in external 24LC64 EEPROM.
Otherwise you need to download your program each time your device is connected. You can use CyConsole (from Cypress) to download your program into CY7C68013A's RAM and execute it.

cypress chip

Thanks CMOS!

but how can i interface between the Keil debuger and the CYPRESS?

how can i burn that EEPROM?

do you have an sechmatic of simple connection of Cypress USB chip, EEPROM and EEPROM burn conector, Debug connector?

cy7c68013a schematic

See this schematic....**broken link removed**

Once you have built it...Just open CyConsole and dowload your Hex file into EEPROM using it.

Read this tutorials.....These can be of some help
**broken link removed**

how to program cypress chip

Thanks men...

Can you tell me which cable should I use to program the EEPROM or to debug the MCU?

do you have it's point to point? can i make it my self?

cyconsole eeprom

Any simple USB cable will do. Nothing special is required to program the EEPROM or 68013A's RAM.

Just connect the EZ-USB board to your PC as you connect any other USB peripheral and then download the code.

Status
Not open for further replies.