Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cutoff frequency of Dielectrical Resonator Cylindrical

Status
Not open for further replies.

marceloassilva

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

I have a question ... I am working with a cylindrical DRA, however I am in doubt whether a particular mode will appear or not ... the cutoff frequency will influence the onset of mode? to show a particular mode so should the frequency is above or below the cutoff frequency? and where can I find the equations to calculate the frequencies of the HE mode?

Thank you for your attention.

Hello!

I have a question ... I am working with a cylindrical DRA, however I am in doubt whether a particular mode will appear or not ... the cutoff frequency will influence the onset of mode? to show a particular mode so should the frequency is above or below the cutoff frequency? and where can I find the equations to calculate the frequencies of the HE mode?

Thank you for your attention.

The mode frequency should be always above the cut-off freqeuncy, unless you are using negative refractive material.

Easy way to see all the modes is to run a eigenmode simulaiton in EM Software, unless you really want to use the equations for each mode in Pozar's book.

Thanks zhul3!

I watched in the Pozar's book the expressions for the modes TE, TM and TEM modes but not for the HE, I would have the analytical expression in this way to calculate the frequencies of each mode HE. I have looked at Petosa's book and Luk's book and have not found a general analytical expression for the HE mode.
What software do you recommend for me?

ok, so you are working on the dual hybrid mode of dielectric filter. check the IEEE database, where you should be able to find lots of paper regarding the dual mode dielectrci filter.

The most common EM software, hfss, cst.

Hello zhul3.
I'm really not failed to find an expression for the HE mode of a cylindrical DRA. I saw on the book of Petosa and Luk, what can we calculate the frequencies of TE and TM mode and HE11d but I can not get the frequencies of other modes HE. The software you recommended (the HFSS) does not give me information of the modes present in a simulated spectrum for him. I found the book of Petosa that there are three modes in a cylindrical DRA (TE01d, and TM01d HE11d) so I'm trying to find an analytical expression for the frequencies of the HE mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back