Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Custom pc case / psu

Status
Not open for further replies.

elgatoguiri

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I've built a custom pc case which is actually just a box with all sorts of things inside beside a pc. I'd like to power the all sort of other things with the pc's psu. I know that psu's has a 5v continuous power cable that provides power if the psu is plugged in the main. I've been planning to use that to power a raspberry with a switch but I also need 12v to power other equipment.
So my plan is to install a switch connecting the green and black wires so I can manually switch the psu on and off.
But I don't actually want the pc to start so I'm planning to install another switch onto the +12Vdc yellow wire.
My question is:
Will this work and is there any better way to do this? Does anyone know any forum or subredit where people can help me out with this?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.