Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Custom Design with ATSAM3x8e

Status
Not open for further replies.

mettiblack72

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I want to design custom Board with ATSAM3x8e that used in Arduino Due , and also I want use Arduino IDE to program MCU

I want to use ft232 USB to TTL Convertor and connect to UART(PA8 , PA9) for programming ... But It's not working

what should I do ??

please help me about the circuit

should I connect Erase Pin or Reset Pin to Ft232 ??

Show your schematic.
Did you program the boot-loader to ATSAM... ?
thanks for your reply , really at the first I want to test Atsam3x8e with Arduino Due board and then design my schematic
but I can't program Arduino Due with UART0 !
the connection that I used is attached
thanks a lot

Attachments

• photo_2021-05-22_22-12-32.jpg
    photo_2021-05-22_22-12-32.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 143

The schematic works as far as communicating with a program that is using the serial port, such as a "hello world" program. When uploading a program
the bootloader and Bossa upload program are controlling the protocol, and the FTDI chip is having trouble communicating with it.

Here is a link of interest that gets into the bootloader on the due.
https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/65590/usb-bootloader-for-the-arduino-due
Thanks a lot for your reply
In my Custom Design , Can I connect USB pins of Atsam3x8e directly to usb connector and program mcu with arduino IDE through usb ?

The link above is has the only information I have about the bootloader. Referring to the schematic for the Due, it looks like USB port AB (native port), D+ and D- are connected to the Sam, while USB B (programming port) connects to the 16U2 processor on the Due board. The 16U2 is connected to TX0 and RX0.
Since the Arduino IDE can program the DUE through either USB port, it would be worth trying to connect directly, but I have no knowledge as to whether it would work. Note that the DUE schematic includes resistors and over voltage protection in its connection between the USB plug and the SAM.

After further work on the connection issue, your origional schematic will work after all. What needs to be done is set the baud rate of the Ft232's comm port to 1200 baud, as this is the speed the DUE bootloader runs. The PORT in Arduino IDE will be the programming port.

After further work on the connection issue, your origional schematic will work after all. What needs to be done is set the baud rate of the Ft232's comm port to 1200 baud, as this is the speed the DUE bootloader runs. The PORT in Arduino IDE will be the programming port.
Thank a lot dear FenTrac
I decided to design Atsam3x8e HeaderBoard and connect directly usb connector to mcu and I will release result here next few days

Status
Not open for further replies.