Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Curvature compensation for bandgap reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

stableimportance

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bandgap reference tutorial

Hi,
Can someone tell me the calcaulation of curvature compensation for bandgap reference or where I can find the references about it?

Thx.

curvature compensation

the main method is to use a current source to adjust the Ic current of bipolar.

vbe curvature

Hi,
Curvature compensation try to cancel the nonlinear component of the base-emitter voltage Vbe.
Generaly, Vbe(T)=Vgo - B*T - C*f(T) ,
where Vgo, B, C - temperature-independent constants.

1-st order references sum a positive linear T-dependent voltage to a Vbe to cancel the effect of constant B.

2-order BG reference sum a T-dependent voltage exhibiting both a positive linear and positive nonlinear T-dependence, i.e.
Vref=Vbe(T)+Vx(T)=Vbe(T)+D*T+E*f2(T)=Vgo.

The most common technique used to generate E*f2(T) is the squared PTAT compensation scheme.

Pls reference to
G.A.Rincon-Mora, Voltage references.

regards,

Uladz55

bandgap curvature compensation

search this title: Design methods of low-voltage curvature-corrected bipolar bandgap references based on
the sum of base-emitter voltages.

bandgap reference design tutorial

You could look at my tutorial on bandgaps at:

**broken link removed**

cheers

Ody :)

bgap curvature compensation

I have referred to your pdf .Does Varying PTAT would do the Curvature compensation ? I think we should add a nonlinear component (RINL)to the PTAT to do the compensation or generate PTAT2 current .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back