Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current wave in MultiSim Workbench

Status
Not open for further replies.

keshan_aru312

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys,

How do you get the output current wave in MultiSim Workbench?

For the voltage wave, I use an oscilloscope,and am able to view a nice wave using the Grapher tool.

But how do I view the output current?Is there any tools that i can use?thank you for your time!!!

Hi

try to use the transient analysis. In the output variables tab select the more button. The add device/model parameter option will show up. Select the device type and name for wich you want to obtain the corrent parameter. After that run the simulation. If every thing is ok.. a graphical solution will result.

Another option, but incorret, because will change circuit topology, will be to introduce a low value resistence (0.1 ohm) in serie with the circuit... the voltage drop will have the same current wave form.

Best regards
Pendragon

Hi Pendragon,

THanx for your reply. I managed to get to the device/model parameter option part. Could you please explain again from there?lets say I want to view the current wave near a particular resistor. How do I set it?
By the way,u'r second option was wat i actually had in mind, but as u said...it changes the circuit topology!I agree with you and might use it as a last resort,if all fails!!Thanx again!

Warm rgds,
Keshan Aru

Hi

If you have find the device/model parameter option then you are near of solving your problem.

First you must select in the Device Type: Resistor.
Then Select the Name: you must observe that all resistors devices names start with and r. If your resistors name is R1, then you must select Name: rr1.
Finally, if you want to see the current that flow in the resistor select Parameter: i.

close this window and return to the Output Variables tab.

In Variables In circuit Select Device/Model Parameters. You will notice that the resistor current variable is now there. Select it and add it to the Selected Variables for Analysis.

Ok... Now, you must go to the Analysis Parameters tab and set all necessary data. Remember that your problem is about to be numerically solved .

Press Simulate!!!!

A graphical windows will appear, and you can now visualise resistor R1 current.

I hope that this explanation will help you

Best Regards
Pendragon

Hi
Although this is an old thread
but I'd like to add the following note:-
keshan_aru312 question was about the MultiSim Workbench software ...
and the provided answer from Guest was about PSpice software...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back