Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current Probe for DMM and Oscilloscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fragrance

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
current probe schematic

hi

The current probe for oscilloscope and DMM are quite expensive tool to bye here is nice tool which convert DMM in current metter for AC/DC and also used with Oscilloscope for industrial purpose i have built this for laser calibration.
The methology for Tektronic probe and design provided here are same(I varify it with Tektronic probe which i have in office same sensor used) hope friend like my effort for this nice artical which i made in to pdf

oscilloscope current probe build

Thank you for this document, nice work but...

The schematic at page 2 is unreadable because of too low resoloution. It's impossible to read any of the component values.
It looks like a .jpg or .gif picture with too much quality loss.
Maybe you should use a .png picture instead.

Can you make a new document with better resoloution and reupload it?

Fragrance

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
tek p6042

Hi

Here is a better looking picture.

/Cl

30669_8mg.jpg

oscilloscope ac/dc current probe

it looks like this circuit is attempting to represent the insides of a hall effect sensor. it is close to the real thing... but not quite.

how will this circuit handle negative currents, for example an AC signal? it looks like it would read value of zero in this case.

also, the bandwidth of current probes is very important. most critical item for this is the op-amp. i would consider investing in a high quality op-amp for this stage.

Mr.Cool

oscilloscope current probe schematic

Here is a completely different approach. I bought a Tektronix P6042 on eBay for a couple hundred US dollars. Built in 1967. Bandwidth DC to 50 MHz. Beautiful waveform. Reads up to +/- 10A. Noise is around a milliamp. The only annoyance is thermal drift of the DC offset.

I could post a scanned schematic or manual, if anyone is interested.

dc current probe schematic

8) echo 47,
please post scanned manual and the circuit diagram for textronox probe.
Tectronix is charging very high prices for its probes and it becomes impossible to bye it from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back