Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current pickup from a motorcycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

auni

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm new here. I'm currently working on a circuit that picks up the current from a motorcycle. I would like to flash a bulb exactly at the time when a spark plug ignites the fuel. Can i use the jaw of a clamp meter to pick the current (clamp meter don't show any reading, probably due to averaging time)?

Kindly suggest me any portable device(clamp type) that i can make to pick the current sample from the spark plug of a motor cycle. Thanks for any tips!

Regards,
Aun

Do we know frequency ? Can that bulb support that speed ? Or you have factory of bulbs and few kilos of them in reserve like backup under the seat.

I'm afraid that this is not practical with bulb.

You can see this example :

inductive _led.GIF

Last edited:

The output can be display in any way, but here the problem is to pick the current sample from the spark plug.

You can try suggested, its easy to try. Always there is expensive and cheaper solutions.

Reactions: auni

auni

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back