Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

current out measuring of a mobile charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajaram04

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello sir
Please tell how to measure current out of a mobile charger with no label on it with the help of a simple digital china made multimeter :roll:

set your multi-meter in current measuring mode and connect your meter in series between charger and mobile. Remember to connect charger with mains :razz:

set your multi-meter in current measuring mode and connect your meter in series between charger and mobile. Remember to connect charger with mains :razz:

yes thats my point . . you said series , so how in series that i want to know actually
i too asked some engineers & strange that they failed to reply . . thats why asking here
please tell

is it compulsary to have a mobile ? i mean i ve a charger of nokia 3310 but this model is now unavailable as we all know it well so now tell me in that manner

yes you must have a mobile so that you measure current. if there is no load , no path for current to flow so no current if no load. see attached picture for further infomation. I hope you will get your answer IMAG0291.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

yes you must have a mobile so that you measure current. if there is no load , no path for current to flow so no current if no load. see attached picture for further infomation. I hope you will get your answer IMAG0291.jpg

but sir charger for nokia 3310 i am using is not able to connect with other phones , too it has lil.big pin size which today we don't have phones with such sockets easily manage with old pins :cry:

if you can't able to get nokia 3310 then switch to other mobile and charger to complete your task.... without mobile you can't measure current as i mentioned reason in my previous post.... :?:

if you can't able to get nokia 3310 then switch to other mobile and charger to complete your task.... without mobile you can't measure current as i mentioned reason in my previous post.... :?:

okk sir its thinkable then coz i want to design with this present waste but not want to buy new for that

if you want to use waste product for your research then you should have good knowledge of electronics because risk is always there...... you can use battery instead of mobile but again risk is there........over current charging of battery is very dangerous it may harm you very badly..... in beginning don't take risk like that......

if you want to use waste product for your research then you should have good knowledge of electronics because risk is always there...... you can use battery instead of mobile but again risk is there........over current charging of battery is very dangerous it may harm you very badly..... in beginning don't take risk like that......

oh sir ji mobile is not available hence the charger is waste or it can drive so many things but just i want to know parameters approximatly atleast it doesn't mean i am using a waste product

Hello sir
Please tell how to measure current out of a mobile charger with no label on it with the help of a simple digital china made multimeter :roll:

This can be done on elegant way.

You should need to make one small PCB.

On one side solder female mini-micro USB connector (according to device-charger shape), or you can solder multiple types, and on other side solder wire with male mini-micro USB connector and that goes to phone or device. In middle on PCB use ACS712-05 Hall sensor for measuring current.

With this you measure current will minimal impact on circuit, because this Hall sensor have minimal resistance, which is better then low cost unimer which have 0,1R inside, which have high impact on measured values. Reading of ACS712 can be done using voltmeter or with additional circuit which use uC 7-seg/LCD display and showing current in mA or A. Or you can use analog instrument.

This PCB-small and cheap device can be used later for measuring currents of other devices like navigation, tablets,....

This can be done on elegant way.

You should need to make one small PCB.

On one side solder female mini-micro USB connector (according to device-charger shape), or you can solder multiple types, and on other side solder wire with male mini-micro USB connector and that goes to phone or device. In middle on PCB use ACS712-05 Hall sensor for measuring current.

With this you measure current will minimal impact on circuit, because this Hall sensor have minimal resistance, which is better then low cost unimer which have 0,1R inside, which have high impact on measured values. Reading of ACS712 can be done using voltmeter or with additional circuit which use uC 7-seg/LCD display and showing current in mA or A. Or you can use analog instrument.

This PCB-small and cheap device can be used later for measuring currents of other devices like navigation, tablets,....

wowww wowww woww gr8 sir , hats off , thats what i want actually . . kk sure sir i ll try it , so sir if possible would you please have me a simple hand made daigram on it ??? please sir if you can provide then it ll help me a lot saving time & other efforts

Better to deal with this then with transformeless designs. We constantly fear that is our friend Rajaram electroshocked. :)

ActualModule.jpg

See here about ACS712 reading

A brief overview of Allegro ACS712 current sensor (Part 1)
https://embedded-lab.com/blog/?p=4469

A brief overview of Allegro ACS712 current sensor (Part 2)
https://embedded-lab.com/blog/?p=4529

IO_Characteristics.jpg

You can use voltmeter for reading, later you can use uC with LCD or 7-seg to show real current on display. Or you can use analog instrument.

- - - Updated - - -

But on one side solder female USB connector, and on other solder wire with male usb connector which goes to phone.

- - - Updated - - -

USB charger This device with hall sensor Phone
==========> ))------------------------->> ))==========

hahaha gr8 gr8 gr8 wrk sir :-D:smile:
its unbelievable that things were going either way but suddenly switched to a new result taking us out of sleep
kk thanksssssssssssssssssssssssss i ll try to make it & then if any doubt evolves i ll ask :-o
again thankssssssssssss a lot

ohh ya ya let see first i ll hv to arrange material after seeking my interview next week . . that is another tention lil.bit tough :-x

Dont worry just bring one of your transformeless design, and say them to firmly hold device when testing.

I wish you luck on interview.

I dont know where you found this unit, but it is against regulations to make or sell such unit without this label. Look again at wall attached plastic moulding.

Dont worry just bring one of your transformeless design, and say them to firmly hold device when testing.

I wish you luck on interview.

hahah ya ya i ll ve to do this incase :cool: i ll say i am having a transformerless supply with 500 ma current but it only can be tested with bare hands please hold & let me activate the device :wink::razz::):-D

Reactions: tpetar

tpetar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
yes you must have a mobile so that you measure current. if there is no load , no path for current to flow so no current if no load. see attached picture for further infomation. I hope you will get your answer View attachment 89675

- - - Updated - - -

yes you must have a mobile so that you measure current. if there is no load , no path for current to flow so no current if no load. see attached picture for further infomation. I hope you will get your answer View attachment 89675

Hello, if I know the ratings on my charger and battery, is there a formula to get current flowing? Thank you so much.

Hello, if I know the ratings on my charger and battery, is there a formula to get current flowing? Thank you so much.

Current flow is defined with I=U/R. If you know voltage and resistance in circuit than you can calc.

Best regards,
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back