Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current + Oscilloscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenjoy

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to view the current wave form in the oscilloscope on a RLC network. Is it possible to view this? If yes, how?

Thanks.

CRO shows only the voltages wave forms, so you can use a resistor 1ohm and see the voltage across it. It will be the same exactly as the current.
V=I*1 ====> V=I

For that purpouse exists current probes. they are basically current transformers designed for specific frequency range. Expensive. Use resistor as in above post.

The problem is, I want to see the phase lag or lead on the RLC circuits, so how to configure the RLC circuit to view.

Post your circuit and details of what you want to measure.

use one probe to see the voltage across the capacitor and the other probe use it to see the voltage across the resistor. The latter is directly proportional to the current. Think over about the ground terminals of the probes. They must be connected to the same node, so put the resistor adjascent to the capacitor and connect the ground of the probes to the common terminal between the resistor and the capacitor.

The circuit is a parallel RLC circuit, I want to view the current waveform in each of them, better post a good schem and I will give you 100 points.

Glenjoy

Not very sure. I think you can do it with a bridge.

By connecting properly design op-amp circuit to A and B, I think you can see the waveform in different phases.

As far I know, you still can add a series 1Ohm resistor to each branch and see the voltage across it. Since we multiply by 1, thus the voltage will be the same exactly as the current without any differences.

Please, correct if I'm wrong.

This is just what i need and i even don't have to ask..
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.