Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current Mode PWM Controller for Flyback DC-DC Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdelarge

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on a flyback DC-DC converter and I am trying to simulate a Texas Instruments UC3845 chip in PSpice. I can't find the PSpice model for that chip anywhere, so I found a current mode PWM controller made by linear technology, LT1619.

Has anyone worked with these chips before?

Here are links the data sheets:

Linear Technology - LT1619 - Low Voltage Current Mode PWM Controller

**broken link removed**

Does anyone know what the Rt/Ct pin on the TI chip is?

Basically I am trying to figure out how to pins on the TI chip correspond to the LT chip.

If anyone could provide some insight it would be greatly appreciated. This project is for my senior capstone design project at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. I am part of the power team and we are trying to provide a power system for a satellite that will hopefully launch some NASA sponsored projects.

If I remember right, PSPICE contains an SG1845 model in swit_reg.lib "since ever".

Reactions: eem2am

eem2am

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
in LTSpice you are having LT124X series.this is pin compatible with UC384X series..........though i think the operating current is different a bit

i am surprised you use UC384X for satellite.

usually satellite power supply is very expensive with resonent converter so they dont run the battery down too quick, because as you know, in space, its hard to replace the battery.

UC384X is very good, but runs high operating current ...but maybe bipolar devices work better in space, i dont know

Status
Not open for further replies.