Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

current mirror voltage drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

flabbergastt

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

What is the best way to reduce the voltage drop of a MOSFET current mirror for both nMOS and pMOS? Would it be the same for a cascode current mirror or wide-swing current mirror?

thanks

Last edited:

You are generally limited by the gate-source threshold voltage (Vgs(th)) so you want transistors that have a low threshold.

You are generally limited by the gate-source threshold voltage (Vgs(th)) so you want transistors that have a low threshold.

I don't completely object to this but I don't completely agree either. Yes Vth is important but in ideal case you'd be able to go beyond gate voltage by Vth (assuming you don't care about accuracy that much). I think the ultimate limit is how much you can reduce the overdrive voltage, I believe this is a more generalized statement. But I'm not sure if this is what he meant with voltage drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.