Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

current measurement procedure from digital multimeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahidsiddiq8

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
current measurement multimeter

sir
i have digital multimeter for measurement amperage and volts but i have no procedure for measurement ac and dc current i have also attached diagram which i try to measure 12 volt stepdown transformer amperage when we connect red prob one terminal of 12 volt ac and black prob sencond terminal of 12 volt ac my meter show no reading and also show spark when we touch probes can u breif me what is the procedure for measuring amperage (A) and also send me diagram for understand me

thanx and regards

procedure of measuring current using multimeter

shahidsiddiq8 said:
sir
i have digital multimeter for measurement amperage and volts but i have no procedure or methode for measurement ac and dc current in any electronic circuit i have also attached diagram which i try to measure 12 volt stepdown transformer amperage when we connect red prob one terminal of 12 volt ac and black prob sencond terminal of 12 volt ac step down transformer my meter show no reading and also show spark when we touch probes can u breif me what is the procedure for measuring amperage (A) and also send me diagram for understand me
once aging i send this mail to u because last time u dont reply me
thanx and regards

[/img]

measurement procedure

the current measurement is done in serial
so the ideal impedance is 0ohm so logically you are shorting it
connect one terminal to transformer and other to some circuit
so you can measure the current consumption of that circuit

multimeter current measurement

i dont understand what are u saying u can send me diagram for this solution . according u if i connect one meter prob to transformer one terminal which give 12volt ac and other prob of meter to any circuit which give dc volt how i measure current of transformer plz explain me in detail with diagram or any video which help me

thanx and regards

i cant measure current multimeter

FIRST I DID NOT UNDERSTAND HOW DO YOU MAKE + & - ON A TRANSFORMER ITS AC SO POLARITIES WILL BE ALWAYS CHANGING

you cannot directly measure the current of the transformer

I always comes with a maximum rating of about 200mA,300mA,500mA,1A.......
this is the maximum current that can be drawn from the transformer

so the current you will measure will be of the device/circuit connected with the transformer
if you try to measure directly the current of the transformer you will make it short-circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back