Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current Loop simulation in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokeyh

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
current loop simulator

Hi,

Has anyone done any simulation on the current loop in HFSS? Is it possible to upload the file?

Thanks.

calculating current in hfss through a loop

What file do you mean?

e_m_c said:
What file do you mean?

The HFSS file for current loop simulation.

I don't have such projects actually. But probably I can do it in MoM. What do you need to calculate? Field radiated by impressed current in free space?

I want to simulate the magnetic field (x-, y-, and z-component) at a given position for a current loop.

If you can publish more information - current loop parameters (geometry, values), field probe poisition and frequency range you are interested in it would be possible to discuss solution more effectively.

e_m_c said:
If you can publish more information - current loop parameters (geometry, values), field probe poisition and frequency range you are interested in it would be possible to discuss solution more effectively.

The loop has a radius of 10cm and a sinusoidal current (100 Hz) with r.m.s 1A will pass through the loop.

The loop is situated at the origin and I want to find the magnitude of the x-component of the point (0<= x <= 50cm, y = 20cm, z = 20cm) in HFSS.

I have simulations in HFSS but I cannot get the magnetic information I required. So I am asking if anyone has done any previous simulation.

Hopes this clarifies the problem.

Thanks.

OK, and the loop is situated in origin in XY or YZ or XZ plane?

It is on the XY plane.

I have simulated this in EMC Studio. Please see results in attached pdf file. Is this what you have looked for?

Reactions: neverquick

lokeyh

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

neverquick

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ksugahar said:
do not place current source in series. you will get an inaccurate result.

What do you mean by this? Thanks.

Added after 1 minutes:

e_m_c said:
I have simulated this in EMC Studio. Please see results in attached pdf file. Is this what you have looked for?

Hi, this is the result I am looking for. Thanks. But it would be good to have it in HFSS as that is the only software available to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back