Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current flow direction during matching resistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rchemban

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can u explain what happens if I use the good matching resistors/transistors by common centroid but I have not followed the current in same direction.

Thanks.
Chemban

What do you mean bei different direction? The current should not flow at different angles (e.g. 0° and 90°). To my understanding, this is because the silicon does not behave identical for all direction.

If the current flows the opposite direction, you have to count your normal and mirrowed transistors. Try to have equal values for that. You might want to look up 'chirality of transistors', this will help.

As for resistors, opposite direction shouldnt matter, orthogonal does depending on the resistor type: (n/p)well: dont do!, poly/metal...: shouldnt matter.

I think the electrical and magnectic effect caused by different direction current will have different effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back