Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current feedback amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junus2012

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Current feedback amplifiers as I read offer an incredible bandwidth that is not depending on the closed-loop gain, with a dynamic charasterictec that can not be defeated by voltage feedbak amplifiers, see for example the IC below.

My question, why most of the design still adhere to the voltage mode designs ?
and also I couldnt find a book to start basic design with it with CMOS technology

Thank you

Current-feedback amplifiers perform well in wide bandwidth applications, but are generally inferior in more general op amp lower frequency AC and DC applications, so thus are mostly used only where high frequency operation is a requirement.

Current-feedback op amps use the current input transconductance characteristics of the BJT so don't know that there any are built with CMOS.

Hi,

another drawback is:
due to the limited range of the feedback resistor value you are also limited in input resistor value.

Klaus

Compound or composite amplifiers can get the best of both worlds.

I cant seem to find an old ap note that showed a V OpAmp in a compound configuration
with an LM359.

Regards, Dana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back