Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current Buffer/Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

T8P1

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I search for a discrete design idea for an current buffer/amplifer with 0 to 50uA DC current and 0 to 30pA AC current with a Gain of 1 to 5 or more. Important is that the Current Input noise have to be under 3pA/Hz^(1/2). Important for me is, that the volltage at the input have to be constant.

Now, i amplify the dc and ac current separatly.

As a "small" handicap, the noise density of 50 uA DC current source will be already 4 pA/√Hz. so some resreictions apply...

Thats one reason, why i separatly amplify the ac and dc signal. Now, i look for an buffer only for the dc part to separat the source from the amplification. At this time i use an activ low pass filter, but the voltage at the input varry about some uV. A like a constant voltage there, but i have no idea how. The only idea i have, is to use a Current-Current Opamp as a buffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.