Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Currenr Sensor Help for energy metering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasir Kamal

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to make 1:1800 current transformer for current sensing for my energy metering IC ADE7753, but I can't find it in market, can someone help me for "how can I make it myself" or an alternate sensor for current.

you can just wind copper wire around a core, you'll need to do some trials but its pretty easy to accomplish.

1800 turns are very difficult around a single ferrite core is very difficult. and what should be the gauge of wire?? Can you please suggest some link to help me fine how to make it actually. Here is the actual circuit
Untitled.png

1800:1 seems to be an arbitrary asssumption. The energy chips are pretty flexible in adapting different current sensors. Instead of searching the current sensor that fits a specific circuit setup you may want to chose component values that fit an available current sensor.

For that 1800 turns you can choose the finest available copper wire, since your current will be very less. You can maybe go for 42-43 AWG. And yeah FvM's suggestion is much better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back