Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST spiral inductor design - help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

solitaryyonker

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
CST spiral inductor help

I am new to CST and facing lot of difficulties. I am trying to make a spiral inductor but whenever I am simulating I am getting the error "port 1 is inhomogeneously filled within the first three mesh cells. Cannot start solver."
I am also getting the warning "the first mode at inhomogeneous port two is hybrid.This could lead to an inaccurate energy balance. Plz check your structure."
! more warning is there, "Internal waveguide port 1 touches open boundary. This may lead to inaccurate results, plz check your model."
I am also enclosing the structure that I have simulated. Help urgently needed.

Re: CST spiral inductor help

"port 1 is inhomogeneously filled within the first three mesh cells. Cannot start solver."

You must change your structure. Before port you must have "homogenously filled", that means: before port you must have regular structure, for example rectangular parallelepiped or circle etc. no slippery slope etc.

Hee? can you tell me:

Your frequency is 0.1 - 2 GHz and your structure have diameter about 300 um ? (micrometer) ?? I think, that is no good idea :)

So a think, that: Solve - units change um to mm, i think, that will be good ;)

This is the most frequent error i get too. Go to Mesh->Mesh Properties and increase the mesh line ratio limit, as well as raise the lines per wavelength.
This should help.
Im running at 26 lines/wavelength and 7 mesh line ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back