Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingoven

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi! I designed a ferrite bead model and choose Frequency domain solver. Frequency range are between 0 ~20 GHz. When I ran it, my computer operated slowly and crashed last. How should I set up my simulation environment so that I can obtain Results from 0~20 GHz?

Thanks for help!

Your computer will crash as you have given a very wide frequency range for the simulation.
For software like CST you have to be very careful and use some tricks to complete the computation. Possible solutions can be
1. Divide your frequency range into small chunks as it will greatly help you to relax the mesh requirement at lower frequency ranges as mesh requirement at 1 GHz and 20 GHz will be totally different. So at lower frequency range you will be able to get the solution more easily. After getting the results for different ranges you can manipulate the data to get full picture
2. If possible then try to reduce your model by exploiting symmetry in your model and then use symmetry planes.
3. Try to relax the mesh in some less critical areas
No computational resources are enough if we do not use some clever tricks to simplify things good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…